I’m Ada, founder/editor of AllThingsAda.com and I'd like to formally welcome you to my little corner of the internet. Grab a cortadito or a vanillia chai latte, bookmark this site, and make yourself at home because you have officially become familia. Hey #InternetFam!
- I'm obsessed with dogs, especially my hyper yet charming Mini Schnauzer, Rico Suave
- I worked on a cruise ship for 6 months - I really love traveling!
- I've traveled to over 11 countries and counting
- I'm really tall (5'10) and people are always so surprised when they meet me
- I have 2 sisters and 3 brothers. Yup, the Dominican Brady Bunch
- My favorite color always switches over time. I'm really into purple right now
- I'm an Aries and embody 90% of the traits associated with this sign - optimistic, independent, impatient, loyal and resilient
- When I'm sad I like to go play with puppies at the pet store - you should try it!
- I love the beach and its my zen place
- I'll keep updating this overtime so come back!
I'm sure you're curious to know a little bit more about me so here goes...
I've been blogging for fun and creating content online since 2009 and I loved it so much that in 2016 I decided to take this passion project full-time. You may be familiar with my former blog GypsyintheCity.com and although I'll always be a gypsy soul at heart, it was time for me to move in a new direction that was more lifestyle focused since I always tend to talk about my life in general and share it ALL, hence All things Ada.
I am a proud Latina – Dominican to be exact, with an immense love and lust for life. I started blogging because I loved reading fashion and style blogs, but I could never truly relate to any of them. Where were all the other curvy, kinky curly haired, latinas like me? I knew they existed because I saw them daily out on the streets of my Washington Heights neighborhood but I didn’t see them represented in this online community that I loved so much, so I bought a domain and got to work. Seven years later I am honored to be doing what I love everyday for the women that inspire me and make me proud of who I am and where I come from.
Just like any other young and ambitious Latina, I am on a quest to define success in my own terms and fulfill all of my dreams as a young entrepreneur. Join me as I work hard for my throne amongst the elite in the concrete jungle, while looking fabulous in my killer heels and red pout – not because I want to show off but because I was raised to take my self seriously and show my best face when I leave the house.
I hope you enjoy my journey and that my posts inspire you to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more – all while looking your best of course. I started this platform back in 2009 because I wanted to represent for the girls that look like me. I wanted to give us a voice and show people all of the things that make us beautiful from our skin, to our curls, to our curves, tenacity, brains and humility. I hope you stay a while and get to know me because I truly love connecting with others and sharing the things that light my soul on fire. I'm forever grateful to the internet for turning strangers into family and every single day I am privileged to be doing what I love as a creative entrepreneur.
With that being said, thank you for being here. Thank you for being part of my journey and allowing me to part of yours. I'm honored.